The Supervisor’s Toolbox
The Right Tools for the Right Time!
An employee excels at the job she was hired to do, so she gets promoted to supervisor with little or no training about how to be an effective supervisor. A supervisor has been in his role for over a year, but he still struggles when dealing with a difficult employee. A supervisor tells HR about an employee performance issue, but doesn't know how to communicate or document the necessary corrective action. Seem familiar? More and more employees are taking-on new responsibilities; give them the tools to be effective!
The Supervisor's Toolbox is for frontline supervisors, lead people, those new to supervision and those with minimal experience or training.
Please note: The Fall 2019 session is FULL
Spring 2020 Session Dates: TBA
TIME: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wooster Campus Conference Center - OSU Wooster
The Supervisor's Toolbox includes:
Laying the Foundation for Success as a Supervisor
- Transitioning to Supervision: Roles & Responsibilities of a Supervisor
- Understanding & Adapting Your Style to Get Results with DiSC®
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Dealing with Difficult People & Conflict Resolution
Building Positive & Effective Relationships at Work
- Polished & Professional Communication
- Motivating & Retaining Employees
- Coaching Employees for Peak Performance
- Setting Expectations/Giving & Receiving Feedback