Remember, Google and Google Scholar DO NOT search the entire internet because they cannot access library databases and other databases within a website. Google Scholar is a great way to search for scholarly literature without using a library database, and it functions just like Google! If you are searching on campus, you can click on "OLinks" to find articles through the OSU libraries and OhioLINK.
If you do not see OhioLink hyperlinks in your results, you must do the following:
- Go to Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com)
- Click on the hamburger button.
- Click on "Settings" near the gear.
- Click on "Library Links" on the left side
- Type OhioLINK in the text box and hit enter
- OhioLINK-Find it with OhioLINK will now appear below that text box
- Be sure the check box next to it IS checked
- Click on "Save" at the top or bottom
- Search with the OhioLINK connection!
If you are off-campus, you must ALSO do the following:
- Open a new tab in your browser
- Go to this address: https://auth.ohiolink.edu/DS/
- Select Ohio State University
- Select OARDC campus (this is the other Wooster campus)
- Log in with your name.#
- You will see a page for OhioLINK databases; leave this tab open while searching Google Scholar with the OhioLINK connection!