Our virtual orientation sessions are almost here! Are you ready? Remember — you must complete a number of tasks BEFORE YOU CAN REGISTER FOR FALL CLASSES.
- Have you done the following?
- Log into your Orientation Carmen Course to prepare yourself for what’s to come. There are tasks for you to complete in multiple sections and even spots to introduce yourself and meet other new Buckeyes. Make sure to start this soon! Here is a YouTube video to show you how to log in and what to look for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1c90eqG7Gg
- Look for an email in regards to scheduling a time to meet with your academic advisor. You will need to select a date and time to register for classes during orientation.
- Sign up for a time to meet with the Coordinator of Financial Aid during orientation if you have questions for her https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044fada72ca0fc1-ohio
- Parents and family members, check out our family resource page and sign up for one of our Family Resource Information sessions https://ati.osu.edu/futurestudents/orientation/family-resources
- If you have any other questions, we will be setting up a virtual help desk, and a Student Orientation Ambassador will be in contact with you. If we have missed anything or are confused with where to find items, you will be able to chat with a current student or a staff member about anything Ohio State-related!
You are required to attend orientation virtually on the date that you are scheduled. If you have not yet signed up for an orientation session, please do so as soon as possible. Online instructions to access learning modules as well as instructions from your academic advisor on how to register for your fall classes have been sent to your OSU email address. Your orientation session will also include live meetings hosted by university faculty and staff.
Below you will find what you need to complete PRIOR to orientation and what you will need to complete the DAY OF your orientation date. We strongly encourage both you and your parent/guardian to participate in all the planned information sessions because important information for both audiences will be shared. Again, all communications and updates regarding your virtual orientation will be sent to your OSU email account, so please make it a point to check it routinely. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 330-287-1305. We look forward to seeing you on campus this fall.
To register for an orientation program, instructions will be sent to your Ohio State email after you pay your $100 acceptance fee.
Please note, for security purposes, all email communications will be sent to and must originate from your OSU email address. Be sure to activate your account and check your email frequently. To activate your account, visit http://my.osu.edu
It is important you make your reservation for Orientation early. Some sessions fill quickly, and reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. If you delay, you may not get your first choice.
Ohio State ATI Orientation dates:
• Monday, July 6
• Tuesday, July 7
• Wednesday, July 8
• Thursday, July 9
• Friday, July 10
• Friday, August 7
Ohio State ATI uses placement testing to determine the appropriate course placement in math and English. Not every student will be required to take placement tests, as students are evaluated on an individual basis. It is important that you spend time preparing for these tests in advance.
Both math and English Placement tests are:
• Completed online
• Due 10 business days before your orientation date
If your placement test(s) are not completed 10 business days before your program date, you will be contacted to reschedule your program date.
For more information on each test, visit the math and English page.
Orientation checklist - Prior to attending
• Complete your housing contract. All 2020 high school graduates are required to live on campus unless qualified for an exemption.
• Complete your math placement test—and your English placement test, if required (see Page 2 of your orientation handbook)—at least ten business days prior to your scheduled orientation.
• Complete your medical history and immunization record before beginning classes. Visit Student Health Services at shs.osu.edu for further information.
• Research potential placement, CLEP, AP, and IB tests to determine whether you need to take any of them before enrollment. Have your scores sent to The Ohio State University Testing Center: 585 Student Academic Services Building, 281 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH 43210.
• Request that your final, official academic transcripts from high school and any college-level work be mailed, as soon as possible after graduation, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions: P.O. Box 182646, Columbus, OH 43218-2646. Your financial aid will be held until your final transcripts are received. Your enrollment for the spring semester will also be held until final transcripts are received. request that your College Credit Plus transcripts from the college/university from which you received credit be mailed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions: P.O. Box 182646, Columbus, OH 43218-2646. These transcripts must be mailed directly from the college/university from which you received credit; classes listed on your high school transcripts will not be accepted.
• Complete the College Student Inventory and ATI New Student Form on your To-Do List
Orientation checklist - DAY OF ORIENTATION
On the day of orientation, you will want to have handy:
• Your Ohio State username (name.#) and password.
• Any required financial aid verification items and/or external scholarship checks (if applicable).
• Questions you have written down for your faculty advisor and/or other campus office associates.
• Ideas you have written down about majors and/or careers.
Prior college credits
While you may bring a copy of your ACT or SAT scores, AP test results, and transcripts of college-level course work with you to orientation, you must arrange to have the official scores and official transcripts sent to the following address:
The Ohio State University
P.O. Box 182646
Columbus, OH 43218-2646
Students with disabilities should contact the Office for Disability Services at 330-287-1258 to make alternate arrangements for taking any placement test. This includes students who may need:
• extended time
• a scribe
• a reader
• other support services.
If you have had accommodations in the past and have not met with the Office for Disability Services to determine the accommodations that will be provided to you at Ohio State ATI, you need to meet with the Office for Disability Services prior to completing your placement test.
It is very important that the review for accommodations and then placement testing occurs in the appropriate order. Accommodations are not retroactive, so if a placement test is taken prior to the review by the Office for Disabilities Services to determine accommodations, it cannot be retaken.
For more information on what services are provided, visit the Disability Services page.
If you need to change your orientation date or have other questions, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 330-287-1305.
If you have technical difficulties with your OSU username or password, please call 614-688-HELP (4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.