Skills You Need to Succeed
In order to succeed in online courses you will need certain computer and technology skills. You should be able to access e-mail, operate word processing software, navigate and adjust settings in your web browser, and be able to find specific information and resources on the internet. You should also have a basic familiarity with your designated learning platform, which is Carmen for academic credit courses and Canvas for the professional development courses.
Minimum computer requirements include the following:
- Target specifications for your computer
- iPads and Digital Flagship
- A high speed internet connection (minimum of 3 Mbps upload) is recommended. using current versions of Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or similar web browsers.
- An active e-mail account BuckeyeMail page.
- Microsoft Office 365 or compatible word processing software
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
What if I need help?
If you have trouble accessing quizzes, lectures, or other materials, please contact 24/7 support via 614-514-IT4U (4848) or the OCIO Self Service site go.osu.edu/IT. You are likely familiar with using the OCIO Self Service site as a way to request help with certain services like email and password resets.