Submitted by Kathy Yoder, firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Oct. 2, 2019, 2 p.m.
Introduction to Data Visualization Data visualization (or data viz for short) has rapidly developed into a huge area of interest for a broad group of users including researchers, businesses, and anyone looking to effectively communicate a large amount of information to a specific audience. If you have a research question that utilizes data, data visualization and its associated tools can help you analyze and make sense of the information you have gathered. In this presentation, participants will:
• Be introduced to what data visualization is and why it is both an important and relevant skill to learn in this day and age.
• Learn more about the types of data visualizations available to choose from and reasons for using specific types of visualization.
• Take a look at some resources available for learning more about different types of data visualizations and how to create them.
• Explore some of the tools used to create data visualizations in a variety of fields.
• Watch a video showcasing what a great visualization and presentation can look like.
• Gain some useful tips on how to better design your next visualization.
• Find out what the Ohio State University Libraries has to offer in terms of data visualization support. Livestream: http://go.osu.edu/introdataviz All events will be using CarmenZoom and will take place the same date/time as the in-person session. Livestreams will not be recorded, and participants do not need to register to attend the livestream.