Submitted by David Dietrich, email@example.com
Do you know the next member of the Student Advisory Team? The Student Advisory Team’s main duty is to assist the AFA staff in the planning and facilitation of programs including AFA Leaders Conference and AFA Leader Institutes.
The program environment is largely dictated by the Student Advisors who influence the session topics, Conference theme and program culture, speaker selection and additional program components. As a Student Advisor, you’ll design and facilitate Conference and Institutes, represent AFA among your peers and industry professionals and serve as the student voice of AFA.
Think you know a student who would be a good fit? Here’s what we’re looking for in future Student Advisors:
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Create inclusive environments and interactions
- Work in teams as well as independently
- Time management skills
- Interest in event and program management
- Proactive mindset
- Servant leadership
- Majoring in agriculture, food, natural resources or a related field and have a passion for agriculture
- Passionate about AFA’s mission and have the ability to represent the organization in a professional manner
- Recommended cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Responsible and punctual attendance at all meetings
As a Student Advisor, benefits include:
- Training in facilitation, respect and inclusivity and storytelling
- Academic scholarship
- Exposure to AFA’s partners and industry leaders
- Registration to Conference
- Travel and expenses paid
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Galbreath at 816-406-2062.