Submitted by Kathy Yoder, firstname.lastname@example.org
January 28 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Data visualization (or data viz for short) has rapidly developed into a huge area of interest for a broad group of users including researchers, businesses, and anyone looking to effectively communicate a large amount of information to a specific audience. If you have a research question that utilizes data, data visualization and its associated tools can help you analyze and make sense of the information you have gathered. In this presentation, participants will:
- Be introduced to what data visualization is and why it is both an important and relevant skill to learn in this day and age.
- Learn more about the types of data visualizations available to choose from and reasons for using specific types of visualization.
- Take a look at some resources available for learning more about different types of data visualizations and how to create them.
- Explore some of the tools used to create data visualizations in a variety of fields.
- Watch a video showcasing what a great visualization and presentation can look like.
- Gain some useful tips on how to better design your next visualization.
- Find out what the Ohio State University Libraries has to offer in terms of data visualization support.
This event will be livestreamed. To join remotely, visit: go.osu.edu/introdataviz. Please do not register if you plan to attend remotely.