You are here
Wednesday Wire : February 6, 2019
Florida Spring Break Service Trip
Submitted by Pamela Thomas, email@example.com
Join a group for service & sunshine in St. Petersburg, FL from March 9 - 16. Work on island restoration, removing invasive plants that overtake native species & destabilize the sediments. Transportation from Columbus by chartered bus, driver, housing and some meals included. Free time in evenings. Cost $415 due by Feb 27th. Contact Pamela Thomas at Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a MANRRS sponsored event.
Upcoming ATI Book Club discussions
Submitted by Kathy Yoder, email@example.com
All discussions begin at noon in the ATI Library. Please feel free to bring your lunch!
February 26, 2019
Discussion of The Witch Elm by Tana French
March 28, 2019
Discussion of The Library Book by Susan Orlean
April 23, 2019
Discussion of The Red Address Book by Sofia Lundberg
Valentine's Day Specials from Floral Shoppe
Submitted by Terry Lanker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stop in the flower shop to place your Valentine's Day order today!
CFAES well-represented at National Agricultural Communication Symposium
Submitted by Joy Rumble, email@example.com
OSU was represented on five National Agricultural Communication Symposium (NACS) paper presentations and one professional development session which included the three colleges of CFAES (Columbus, Wooster, and the Statewide Extension Campus). What’s really cool is that the undergraduate research was also featured and the undergraduate started at our Wooster campus! Three of the papers with OSU representation were award winners.
- Agricultural Communications Through Virtual Reality - Brooke Beam, The Ohio State University
- Where there’s smoke, there’s fire: Examining agricultural and environmental frames in Associated Press coverage of U.S. wildfires - Brianna Gwirtz & Annie Specht, The Ohio State University
- Tenure-track, Land-Grant faculty’s motivation to engage in science communication - Taylor Ruth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Joy Rumble, Ohio State University; Lisa Lundy, Sebastian Galindo-Gonzalez, Hannah Carter, & Kevin Folta, University of Florida (1st place research paper)
- A mixed-methods comparison of self-reported and conversational trust in science - Joy Rumble, Yu Lun Wu, The Ohio State University; Kelsey Tully, Kansas State University; Taylor Ruth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Jason Ellis, Kansas State University; & Alexa Lamm, University of Georgia (2nd Place Research Paper)
- Exploring the challenges and motivations of interdisciplinary agricultural center directors when communicating about science Ashley McLeod, Ricky Telg, University of Florida; & Joy Rumble, The Ohio State University (3rd Place Research Paper)
- How consumers contrast and assimilate information about agricultural biotechnology - Taylor Ruth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Joy Rumble, The Ohio State University; Alexa Lamm, University of Georgia; Jason Ellis, Kansas State University