Submitted by Joy Rumble, email@example.com
OSU was represented on five National Agricultural Communication Symposium (NACS) paper presentations and one professional development session which included the three colleges of CFAES (Columbus, Wooster, and the Statewide Extension Campus). What’s really cool is that the undergraduate research was also featured and the undergraduate started at our Wooster campus! Three of the papers with OSU representation were award winners.
- Agricultural Communications Through Virtual Reality - Brooke Beam, The Ohio State University
- Where there’s smoke, there’s fire: Examining agricultural and environmental frames in Associated Press coverage of U.S. wildfires - Brianna Gwirtz & Annie Specht, The Ohio State University
- Tenure-track, Land-Grant faculty’s motivation to engage in science communication - Taylor Ruth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Joy Rumble, Ohio State University; Lisa Lundy, Sebastian Galindo-Gonzalez, Hannah Carter, & Kevin Folta, University of Florida (1st place research paper)
- A mixed-methods comparison of self-reported and conversational trust in science - Joy Rumble, Yu Lun Wu, The Ohio State University; Kelsey Tully, Kansas State University; Taylor Ruth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Jason Ellis, Kansas State University; & Alexa Lamm, University of Georgia (2nd Place Research Paper)
- Exploring the challenges and motivations of interdisciplinary agricultural center directors when communicating about science Ashley McLeod, Ricky Telg, University of Florida; & Joy Rumble, The Ohio State University (3rd Place Research Paper)
- How consumers contrast and assimilate information about agricultural biotechnology - Taylor Ruth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Joy Rumble, The Ohio State University; Alexa Lamm, University of Georgia; Jason Ellis, Kansas State University