Have you heard the saying “Two heads are better than one” or “It takes a village”? At the core of these statements is the belief that when we do things together, the results are just better.
You can help drive change, share your feedback and ideas as we create an extraordinary experience at Ohio State by applying for the Student Experience and Engagement Delegates (SEEDs) program. Lead by Melissa Shivers, Vice President for Student Life, the program will serve as a way for the university to gather feedback and ideas from as many students as possible.
SEEDs are students from any program, level, leadership experience or campus who are interested in contributing their ideas for the best Ohio State possible. You are not required to have a leadership position in a student organization, or even be in a student organization at all. Commuters and virtual learners are just as welcome as those who live on or near campus.
Regardless of your experience or affiliation, what is important is that those who apply will commit to:
- Attending monthly meetings with Melissa Shivers, Student Life leaders, student government leaders, university guests and other students
- Providing feedback about a variety of topics including, but not limited to, campus policies, climate, engagement, barriers and support that is crucial to student success
- Offering solution-oriented ideas that will advance the Ohio State student experience
- Engaging as an active participant in special events, initiatives, and potential recruitment of prospective students
Applications are being accepted for the 20 positions in the 2020/2021 cohort until 5 p.m. on Friday, October 2. Students who apply must:
- Have a genuine interest to serve the Office of Student Life and their fellow Buckeyes
- Commit to attending the monthly meetings and contributing approximately 2-4 hours/month in out-of-meeting engagement
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
To apply, visit go.osu.edu/SEEDsapplication.