Your Statement of Account shows what fees you owe for the coming term. It includes instructional and general fees, housing fees, a campus safety and security fee, student health insurance, scholarship contributions, overdue late penalties, and any items that may cause a "hold" on your account. The statement can be viewed in your Student Center via Buckeye Link.
Fees are due 1 week (7 calendar days) prior to the beginning of classes. Fees paid after the due date incur late penalties as follows:
- Day after due dates - $200
- After the 2nd Friday - increases to $300
You can avoid a late penalty by making payment by the due date via one of the following methods:
- Pay from a checking or savings account online. Go to the Finances section of your Student Center, click on “Make a Payment”, the payment option page opens up, select make a payment. You will be transferred to a secure Cash Net – Smart Pay site to enter your information. Payments are posted in “real-time” to the student’s account.
- Make a payment by mail. Go to the Finances section of your Student Center, click on “Make a Payment”. The payment option page opens up; select mail a payment and print a payment coupon. Mail the coupon and your check, written to The Ohio State University, to: University Bursar, The Ohio State University, PO Box 183248, Columbus, OH 43218-3248 or mail to OSU/ATI, Attn: Fees, 1328 Dover Road, Wooster, OH 44691.
- Allow a parent or guardian to pay. Go to the Finances section of your Student Center, click “Make a Payment”, the payment option page opens up, select Guardian Setup and follow the instructions to set up a Guardian account.
- Pay with MasterCard, Discover, Visa or American Express. Go to the Finances section of your Student Center, click on “Make a Payment”. The payment option page opens up, select make a payment. You will be transferred to a secure Cash Net – Smart Pay site to enter your information. Students and guardians who use this payment option will be charged a 2.75% convenience fee by the vendor. This fee is non-refundable. Payments are posted in “real-time” to the student’s account.
- Pay at Fees and Deposits window. Pay in person, 211 Halterman Hall, via check, money order, or cash. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted at the payment window.
Please note that Housing may assess additional late payment penalties.
If you received an official financial aid award letter and correctly completed all promissory notes and entrance counseling requirements, your aid will appear on your statement, provided it has been finalized by billing time. On your statement, it will show as an amount already paid.
If the financial aid is more than the total of your charges, the refund will either be direct-deposited into your account or, if you have not signed up for direct deposit, mailed to your home address. You can sign up for direct deposit by going to the Finances Section of your Student Center and clicking on Account Refund. Click on the transfer button to go to the secure SallieMae e-refund site and follow the instructions.
Please Note: Paying fees tells us you intend to come to school for the upcoming term, allowing us to finalize your enrollment and assign a place for you in the classes for which you have registered. If you decide NOT to enroll for classes and your fees are to be paid in full by financial aid, you must contact the Academic Affairs Office at (330) 287-1303 to cancel your registration.
Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP)
TOPP is a payment plan that allows you or your family to pay tuition and other university expenses in three installments per term without interest charges. The first payment is due 1 week (7 calendar days) prior to the beginning of classes. Installments will be due monthly. The Topp enrollment fee is $30 per semester (non-refundable). You must reapply each term.
To learn more about the TOPP Program visit ssc.osu.edu/TOPP, contact Student Service Center at (614) 292-0300 or (800) 678-6440, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.