Kick it up a Notch: Next Level Management Series
Leadership development for professionals who manage teams, departments, processes or projects.
Investment: $695 per series ticket – The series “ticket” provides one seat in each session, whether the same person attends all three or a different person from your organization attends each one.
Times and Location: All courses are held from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at The Ohio State University Wooster Campus Conference Center
To sign up for a Next Level Management Series, please complete the registration form (Spring 2020 dates and registration TBA)
Kick it up a Notch: Next Level Management Series Topics
Spring 2020 - Dates and topics coming soon!
Archived Kick it up a Notch: Next Level Management Series Topics:
Behind Every Great Performer is a Great Coach (Norina Columbaro)
Coaching offers employees the opportunity to build trust and partnerships between managers and employees to achieve lasting results. It is through this “managers as coaches” partnership approach that employees and managers can come together, in respectful one-on-one relationships, to communicate and reinforce the values, competencies and goals that support high performance.
In this half day session, learners will:
1. Define “coaching" and how it differs from other management and leadership skills
2. Discuss various coaching scenarios
3. Identify the role of constructive feedback in creating a trusting, positive coaching relationship
4. Prepare for and practice a coaching session using the tools and knowledge they gained in the workshop
5. Develop action plans to commit to put their knowledge and skills to work
Strategies for Influencing Others (Melanie Garcia)
Whether it’s an innovative breakthrough or a simple process improvement, making it happen generally requires commitment from others in the organization. The best way to gain this commitment is to have a strategy for each stakeholder. This course shows leaders and individual contributors how to package their ideas in a way that will win over even the most skeptical individuals. Participants learn strategies for effectively capturing people’s attention, transforming their perspectives, and gaining their commitment to taking action.
You will learn to:
1. Capture stakeholders’ attention, gain their commitment, and make things happen.
2. Leverage their personal power to gain other’s commitment to take action on promising ideas and alternatives that achieve business results.
3. Implement new ideas, improvements, and alternatives that will have the greatest impact on organizational objectives.
Tough Talks…Tips and Techniques for Having Difficult Conversations (Lori Gorrell)
There is a saying that if you feel stuck, there is a critical, and likely difficult, conversation that needs to happen. Most people don’t want to have these conversations for fear of conflict and blow-ups. In this workshop we will focus on techniques to hold important difficult conversations with more ease, even when surrounded by highly charged emotions. You will learn a specific skill set that will take you from stuck to productive and from hesitant to confident.
In this session, you will learn:
1. Techniques for minimizing the discomfort of critical/important conversations
2. Specific skills for turning a roadblock into a productive conversation
3. How to address conflict without stepping into an explosive situation
New to management? Click here for information about The Supervisor's Toolbox Certificate Program.