2017-18 ACADEMIC YEAR HOUSING TIMELINE:
- MID-MARCH: Students who are admitted to Ohio State ATI begin receiving links to access their housing contract via their BuckeyeMail in mid-March. Contracts are sent on a rolling basis each Friday. Expect to a receive a contract up to 3 weeks after admission.
- JUNE 1st: The priority deadline for housing contracts is June 1st each year. In order for a contract to be considered complete, a $350 space reservation fee is required. As long as you remain in student housing and do not violate the terms of your agreement, $300 of your fee roll over to the following year or is refunded in March if you contract is not renewed. Should you move out of housing mid-year or withdraw without meeting one of the release terms, your space reservation fee will not be refunded.
- Your $350 fee may be paid at the conclusion of the housing contract or you may mail a check to Housing Services, 350 Morrill Tower, Columbus, OH 43210. Payments are also accepted over the phone with a debit or credit card at (614) 292-8266.
- Roommates and meal plan options may be selected during the contracting process. Roommate requests MUST BE MUTUAL and received prior to June 1st or they will not be honored. Roommate requests may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Meal plans may be changed or canceled through the second Friday of each semester.
- MID JULY: Apartment assignments and roommate information is securely emailed to student's BuckeyeMail accounts. You will receive your apartment address, roommate's name(s), email address, and phone number. Roommates are encouraged to contact one another to determine who is going to bring what to campus.
- JULY 20th: Students may sign-up to arrive as early as August 17, 2018. Students who sign-up to arrive early will be charged $35 per day: https://housing.osu.edu/secure/reservations.
- LATE JULY-EARLY AUGUST: Keep an eye on your BuckeyeMail for Move-In Day information!
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 18th: Move-In Day! Check in at the ATI Housing Office. Even numbered addresses arrive between 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Odd numbered addresses arrive between 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Arriving after hours? Please call (330) 641-2269 and a staff member will assist you.
Due to the popularity of campus housing, students are encouraged to contract as soon as possible after matriculation.
Housing services anticipates the contract renewal portal will be open in February - March 2018. Current residents will receive an email with a link to the housing portal. In order to renew the housing contract, students need to be current residents on campus. The earlier students renew their contract the more likely they will be placed in their desired apartment style. When renewing, the space reservation fee rolls over into the following academic year. Similar to incoming students, renewals have the opportunity to request roommates. All roommate requests must be mutual.
*NEW THIS YEAR: Students may not have a renewal contract on file at more than one Ohio State campus. Columbus transition students can request a Columbus contract by emailing Housing Services or by calling (614) 292-8266.