We're located off Route 250 (Dover Road) between Route 83 and Route 30 on the south side of historic Wooster on the edge of Ohio's beautiful Amish country, adjacent to the Ohio State ATI academic campus.
GPS Address: 1901 Apple Orchard Drive, Wooster, OH 44691
Built in 1997, our student apartment village houses over 460 students and is comprised of 16 residential buildings spread across four streets and three neighborhood courtyards. Three of the streets (Ruby, Franklin, and Holly) are named after apples researched at our neighboring OARDC campus. The housing administration building (noted by the red star below) is home to village offices for housing, housekeeping, and maintenance as well as laundry facilities, a large multipurpose room for meetings and programs, and a quiet study area.
- 1 bedroom for 2 students
- 2 bedroom for 4 students (most common)
- 2 bedroom for 5 students (1 triple room)
- 3 bedroom for 5 students (1 private room)
A full-sized kitchen, shared bathroom, living/dining room, and outdoor patio area is perfect for grilling and entertaining. Bedrooms are typically shared by two students however a limited number of private rooms are available.
- All utilities are included in the housing rates paid each semester (gas, water, electricity, cable television, wireless internet, & long-distance phone service).
- Kitchen appliances including a full-sized refrigerator, electric range, and garbage disposal.
- Dining table with 1 chair per occupant.
- 1 floor lamp, 1 table lamp, 1 end table, 1 entertainment center, and 1 guest chair.
- Bedroom furniture including a desk, desk chair, bunkable bedframe, and a mattress (twin XL - 80") is provided per resident.
- 1 lamp, 1 dresser, and 1 closet per bedroom.
- Mini-blinds on each window.
- Climate-controllable heating and cooling.
- Outdoor fire pits (1 per courtyard) for cooking purposes.
Check out the virtual tours to view what the inside of your space may look like!
What to Bring to Campus
Residents are highly encouraged to speak with their roommates prior to arrival day to determine who is bringing what to campus. A suggested packing list can be found above as well as items that are prohibited on campus.
Rates & Fees
Rates and fees for each academic year undergo a lengthy review process by the Board of Trustees each spring. Click the link above to view our current rates. The required $125.00 academic year housing fee allows students to stay over holiday breaks without an additional charge. The $20.00 student activity fee provides programming and social opportunities for village residents.
24/7 on-site laundry room access is provided to residential students for a nominal fee with their BUCK ID. Laundry is serviced by ASI Campus Laundry Solutions. Students may report laundry malfunctions directly to ASI. Our laundry machines accept US coins or BUCK ID cash. Extra money may be loaded on to your BUCK ID card at any time.
- Washers: $1.50 per load
- Dryers: $1.00 per load (25 cents for extra time)
Service Requests (Work Orders)
Students who need a routine repair completed in their apartment may place a service request with Service2Facilities. A mobile app called "Service2Facilities" is available for both Apple and Android operating systems. Emergencies may be called into the help line 24 hous a day at (614) 292-9334.
DVD and Board Game Rental
Residents may rent free DVD movies and board games (with BUCK ID) from the housing office for a period of up to 2 days. Stop in to check out our collection.
The Resource Room in the housing administration building doubles as an extension of the Ohio State ATI Learning Lab. Drop-in peer tutoring is available free of charge.Tutors are trained to assist their peers in math, the sciences, writing, as well as general studies courses.
Autumn 2017 Monday - Thursday 4:00PM- 6:00PM
The housing office offers two spacious rooms that can be reserved over the phone or online for your next group gathering or event. Please fill out a room reservation form online for the Community Room or the Resource Room.