Don’t put your health on hold. It's important to continue preventive care, such as your annual well exam or biometric screening. Enrolled faculty and staff can earn a $25/month premium credit, or up to $40/month with an enrolled spouse, off of employee medical plan contributions by completing a Personal Health and Well-being Assessment (PHA) and a verified Biometric Screening.
Deadline To Earn Premium Credit: Your verified biometric screening must be completed between 1/1/2023 and 12/29/2023 to earn premium credit. To earn YP4H points, values must be received by 5:00 PM on 12/20/2023.
Your verified Biometric Screening, consisting of height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL, and blood sugar value (either glucose or A1C), can be completed in one of the following ways.
- Your values obtained during an annual exam with an OSU or Central Ohio Primary Care (COPC) provider are received by the OSU Health Plan (OSUHP). Once all values are received (height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL and a blood sugar value: glucose or A1c), OSUHP will provide verification that you have a complete biometric screening.
* NOTE: If you complete your exam via Telehealth, not all values can be recorded. After your visit, please reach out to OSUHP to confirm your screening is verified.
* OSUHP must receive all of your values by 5:00 PM December 20, 2023 to count your screening as complete and verified. Some file feeds can take 10-30 days to process. Please plan your well exam/physicals with this in mind and reach out to OSUHP if you have questions about getting your verification in by the deadline.
- If you see a provider outside of the OSU or COPC network, you may need to have your values submitted by your provider. Please have your provider complete the Provider Form and submit to OSUHP to verify that you have completed a biometric screening with him or her. Once the form has been received and entered by the OSUHP, your Virgin Pulse account will be updated to reflect that you have a complete biometric screening.
* OSUHP must receive your form by 5:00PM on December 20, 2023 to process YP4H points and premium credit. Forms will be accepted until 5:00 PM on December 29, 2023 for premium credit only (no points).
* NOTE: If you complete your exam via Telehealth, not all values can be recorded. After your visit, please reach out to OSUHP to confirm you will receive credit for completing a biometric health screening.
· OPTION 3
- If you complete an on-campus screening* you will automatically receive credit for completing the verified biometric screening.
- On March 22nd, June 12th, August 22nd, and October 17th, the OSU Health Plan’s (OSUHP) RN Health Promotion Specialist(s) will be in the Fisher Conference Room to complete complimentary biometric screenings*. You are encouraged to schedule for one of the earlier events and NOT wait until the October event, to ensure you will be able to get an appointment. If you would like to register for the upcoming on-campus biometric health screening events, follow the steps below:
2. Log in with your Ohio State credentials (last name.# and password)
3. Click “Schedule Appointment or Class”
4. Select “Biometric Health Screening” as the appointment type.
5. In the From date box, place 3/22/23. In the Thru date box, place 10/17/23.
6. To search for an available time, click “Find Appointments or Classes”.
7. Complete registration to schedule the appointment. If you experience any difficulty, please contact OSUHP Customer Service at 292-4700.
Personal Health and Well-being Assessment (PHA)
Once you’ve completed a verified Biometric Screening, you will need to complete the PHA (under "Health” tab in your Virgin Pulse account). Once you’ve completed a verified Biometric Screening, your values will automatically load to your YP4H/Virgin Pulse account.
Confirm Screening & PHA Completion
When your verified Biometric Screening and PHA have been processed, they will be reflected in your Virgin Pulse account. To confirm completion, log in to your Virgin Pulse account and select “REWARDS” under the Home tab. When you see a checkmark beside the PHA and screening descriptions, you have completed the requirements to earn the premium credit.
Privacy & Participation
Participation in YP4H biometric screenings, PHA and the incentive program is completely voluntary. To learn how your personal information is protected, please visit Your Privacy.
*NOTE: Spouses have a unique requirement regarding consent. A spouse must complete the consent that is displayed to them when completing the PHA before they start earning rewards. This consent allows permission for secure data to flow from the OSU Health Plan (OSUHP) to Virgin Pulse, to comply with current regulations when offering wellness services and programming to spouses. This means anything that the OSUHP is responsible for administering, including biometric health screening status, biometric health value reporting, participating in health plan programs (e.g. coaching, care coordination, etc.), will not be sent to Virgin Pulse until the PHA and corresponding consent is completed, thus delaying when points appear for spouses.
*As a reminder, you are only eligible for one on campus screening per calendar year. If you are unsure of when your last screening took place, please log in to LinktoHealth and click on the “Biometric Health Data” tab to view your history.