A great place to study, do homework, or get help with assignments!
Location: 128 Halterman Hall
Hours: Monday through Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM and Friday 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Walk-in assistance (no appointment needed) for assistance with most subjects! These include but are not limited to: English, Math, Chemistry, Animal Sciences courses, ACEL courses, Business and Economics courses, History, and Rural Sociology.
eTutoring available 24/7 includes assistance in Biology, Chemistry, Pre-College Algebra through Calculus, Physics, Statistics and Writing. Walk-in at the Learning Lab for a demonstration and assistance with initial eTutoring session.
General study skills and test taking tips are offered in group seminars or individual sessions!
Learning Resources (web-based) We also encourage students to take advantage of online resources, which are available 24/7. Below you will find links to various free resources:
Flashcards/Quizzing (make and save virtual flash cards, quiz yourself, view decks of flashcards others have shared):
Assignment Calculators (help with breaking up big assignments and making a timeline):
Student Tips (general information on studying, study strategies, and a blog from a self-proclaimed nerd):
Organization and Time Management:
- http://www.vertex42.com/ (free printable calendars, planners/schedules, lists, calculators, etc.)
- http://www.rasmussen.edu/student-life/blogs/college-life/50-smartphone-apps-for-college-students/ (helpful aps for college students)
- https://www.khanacademy.org/ ("Learn almost anything for free")
- http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/679/01/ (writing resources)
- http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Extras/StudyMath/HowToStudyMath.aspx (math study tips)
The Learning Lab is a collaborative initiative between the Division of Arts, Sciences, and Business, the Library, and Student Success Services.
For more information contact Penny Nemitz, Learning Lab Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.