Did you know?
- Your military training could transfer into college credits.
- Your National Guard and Reserve service may qualify you for VA Educational Benefits.
- Your military benefits do NOT disqualify you from additional federal student aid.
- Disability ratings do not determine your need for accommodations in educational settings.
- If you have qualified disability ratings from the VA your dependents could be eligible for financial education assistance.
- The State of Ohio has scholarships available for children of disabled and deceased veterans.
At Ohio State, you'll join over 2,000 current veterans, dependents, and Active Duty Personnel, National Guard, and Reserve members attending as undergraduate and graduate students; over 1,200 current faculty and staff veterans; and over 400 Tri-Service Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC program participants throughout all Ohio State University campuses.
- Connect with all military and veteran students in order to support their academic journey.
- Sponsor campus and community service projects (e.g., Shop with a Hero) and provide social opportunities in order to enrich the lives of military and veteran community members.
Meet ATI's Military and Veteran Student Services StafF
Military Community Advocate
Office: CFAES Wooster Campus ATI, Student Success Services
Military Branch: Ohio Navy
Academic Program: Bachelor’s in Animal Sciences
Employment: Research Assistant 2, CFAES Wooster Animal Health Research Program, OSU
Hometown: Wooster, OH
Reason for Participating at the Military Community Advocate Program: This gives me the ability to help my fellow members of the military and veteran community here at ATI. As the Military Community Advocate, I can help those members of the community and their families. This is a way to make things easier for them and also a great way to make friends here at ATI!
Contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Community: US Army, spouse
Employment: Program Manager, Student Success Services, CFAES Wooster Campus ATI
Academic Background: Family Life Educator
Hometown: Westminster, MD
Reason for Participating with the Military and Veteran Community: This gives me an opportunity to help military community members, including spouses and dependents as well as veterans and active duty military personnel. I am here to help members of the military and veteran community with academic counseling, academic support, service projects, and opportunities for social engagement.
Contact Ruth at email@example.com
CFAES Principles of Community
CFAES rejects all forms of prejudice and discrimination, including those based on age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status. We take individual and collective responsibility for helping to eliminate bias and discrimination and for increasing our own understanding of these issues through education, training, and interaction with others. For more information, visit go.osu.edu/cfaesdiversity.
Ohio State University Nondiscrimination Notice
The Ohio State University does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity or expressions, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other basis under the law in its, activities, academic programs, admission, and employment.
The Office of Institutional Equity coordinates and responds to all complaints of harassment and discrimination. Report Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, or Child Abuse and Neglect