1. Schedule an Appointment with Your Advisor - Your advisor will help you select courses required for your major. Arrange to talk with your advisor during the first half of each semester to plan your next semester's course schedule. Course offerings can be found at www.buckeyelink.osu.edu.
2. Complete web registration during your assigned enrollment appointment (the date and time during which you can register for the next semester.) Your enrollment appointment will be shown on your Buckeye Link Student Center page by clicking on "details" in the Enrollment Appointment box. If you need scheduling assistance, see:
- Your academic advisor
- Jill Gallion, Academic Affairs, 219 Halterman Hall
- A Program EXCEL Success Mentor (Rachel David, Leslie Eisberg, Mary Ann Frantz, or Keegan Hange), 128 Skou Hall
3. Print your schedule. You will need it when you go to buy books.
4. Pay fees. Access your Statement of Account from your Buckeye Link Student Center page. Fees are due one week prior to the start of the semester. You will be charged a late penalty if you do not pay your fees by the listed deadline. If you have not paid tuition by the 2nd Friday of the semester, you will be dropped from classes.
To ADD a course THROUGH THE FIRST FRIDAY of the semester:
Add courses via your Buckeye Link Student Center page. The web site will reassess your fees automatically.
When completing the registration process, a course status of "success" means you are enrolled. If the status is "pending" or "errors," click the status link to determine required action. A Course Enrollment Permission form (available from the Academic Affairs Office) is needed for courses with any of the following errors.
- requisite not met
- section full
- time conflict
- permission required
- hours are over 18
When the Course Enrollment Permission form is complete (all required signatures obtained) return it to the Ohio State ATI Academic Affairs Office.
To ADD a course or CHANGE a section (change to a different lab or lecture) AFTER THE FIRST FRIDAY of the semester:
- Pick up a Course Enrollment Permission form in the Academic Affairs Office and get the instructor’s signature.
- When the Course Enrollment Permission form is complete, return to Ohio State ATI's Academic Affairs Office.
- The Deadline for adding a course is the second Friday of each semester. After this date, a student must petition to the Ohio State ATI Academic Affairs Office. A late add will be approved only if unusual or extenuating circumstances exist beyond the student's control. If the circumstances do not meet these criteria, you will not be permitted to attend the course.
- You will only receive credit for courses in which you are officially enrolled (fees paid).
To DROP a course THROUGH THE FOURTH FRIDAY of the semester:
- Drop the course via your Buckeye Link Student Center page. The web site will reassess fees automatically.
If you need to DROP a course AFTER THE FOURTH FRIDAY and through the TENTH FRIDAY of the semester:
- Pick up a Course Enrollment Permission form in the Academic Affairs Office. The course instructor and your academic advisor must sign the form under the DROP section.
- Return the form to Ohio State ATI's Academic Affairs Office. If you are full-time (12 credit hours or more) and are dropping to part-time (less than 12 credit hours) you must see the registration personnel in the Ohio State ATI Academic Affairs Office.
- A mark of "W" will be entered on your record for the dropped course(s).
- If you stop attending a course and do not complete this drop process, you will receive a failing grade (E or EN) for that course.
If you need to DROP a course AFTER THE TENTH WEEK of the semester:
- A petition to drop must be completed and returned to the Ohio State ATI's Academic Affairs Office. Approval will be based on evidence of circumstances beyond the student's control. Lack of preparation or dissatisfaction with the course are not acceptable reasons to drop a course or withdraw this late in the semester. If the petition is denied, you will continue to be enrolled in the course and are expected to complete the requirements for a final grade. If the petition is approved a mark of "W" will be entered on your record.
Before fees are paid: Notify your advisor and Ohio State ATI's Academic Affairs Office, 219 Halterman Hall, that you will not be paying fees and not returning for the upcoming semester. No paperwork is necessary
After fees are paid: To receive a refund of fees (if eligible) and remove all courses from your schedule, you must officially withdraw from the University.
To officially withdraw from Ohio State ATI:
- Talk with your faculty advisor.
- Obtain a withdrawal form from the Ohio State ATI Academic Affairs Office, Room 219, Halterman Hall. You will receive a copy of the completed form.
- If you live in university housing you must present your copy of the withdrawal form to the Office of Housing at Ohio State ATI and officially check out.
- If you stop attending your classes but do not officially withdraw, you will receive final grades.