Please continue to check back as more mental health resources get added to this page.
Resources specific to the pandemic:
Taking Care During COVID-19 : In this video, staff from Counseling and Consultation Service discuss important ways to take care of yourself and others during the current health crisis.
From around the country:
Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 - Tips and Resources from the CDC
General Mental Health Resources:
The Ohio State: Wellness App - This app is designed to make it easy to choose the right resources and take action. Use this tool to set goals, develop healthy habits and help someone you care about access the support they need.
Mental Health Strategies Video Series – OSU Counseling and Consultation Service staff present effective strategies for managing mental health. Watch the entire series, or find a video specific to your needs.
HERE is a collection of TED Talks on Mental Health.
How to Make Stress Your Friend - In this popular Ted Talk, Psychologist Kelly McGonigal urges us to see stress as a positive, and introduces us to an unsung mechanism for stress reduction: reaching out to others.
Finding services closer to home: If you are looking to establish services off-campus, we encourage you to ask these types of questions, and any other questions regarding issues that are important to you.
Several questions you can consider asking:
What days and times are you currently available?
Where is your office located?
- Could you describe your helping approach?
- What are your limitations on length of treatment?
- Do you have a waitlist at this time?
- Do you provide Teletherapy?
- What are your fees? (Some providers do not accept insurance and are all self-pay.)
- Do you have any student discount fees?
- Do you have a sliding fee scale?
- Are you an in-network provider for my insurance?
- Will you directly bill my insurance company?
- Do you have a payment plan?