All services are provided by Dr. Jacqueline Belanger, a licensed psychologist.
Hi! I'm Dr. Jacqueline Belanger.
I grew up in Wooster and then headed to Massachusetts for my bachelor’s degree in Psychology at Smith College. I later moved to California where I earned my PhD in Clinical Psychology from Palo Alto University. I discovered my passion for college student mental health during an internship at San Jose State University. I continued my focus on college student mental health with an internship at University of California at Riverside and then a fellowship at California Lutheran University. I became a licensed psychologist in California in 2007. When I returned to Wooster in 2010, I also became a licensed psychologist in Ohio. I have been working at Ohio State ATI since November 2010.
My Therapeutic Style:
Therapy sessions with me may look very different for different clients, because I try to adapt my techniques to match each client’s needs. My therapeutic style is grounded in the belief that we have the ability to heal and thrive in a safe, supportive environment. Although it is hard to describe what our sessions may look like, there are certain things that you can expect from me:
- I will accept you for who you are and will support you in whatever you are going through.
- I will seek to truly understand who you are, what you have experienced, how you think, and how you feel.
- I will encourage you to share the good, the bad, and the ugly about yourself. I will continue to accept you.
- I will be genuine and transparent. In other words, I will be open with you about my thoughts and feelings. I will answer your questions honestly.
- I understand that no therapist can give every single client what they need.
- If I believe that you would be better served by an outside provider, I will tell you as soon as I make that realization. I do this out of my commitment to your psychological wellbeing – not because I want to “get rid” of you. I will do my best to help you make a successful connection with an appropriate provider.
- If you want help in connecting with an outside provider (whether you have been in therapy with me or not), I will do my best to help you make a successful connection with an appropriate provider.
Please include your available times to meet.
Student Success Services
1328 Dover Rd
Wooster, OH 44691