Welcome to ATI!
I am Dr. Jacqueline Belanger, the Licensed Psychologist in Counseling Services. I am here to support your mental wellness through individual and group counseling, wellness programming, consultations, and referrals.
Please note that all counseling is free and confidential.
Some of the things students talk about in individual therapy include:
- Substance use
- Roommate conflicts
- Eating issues
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Career exploration
- Adjusting to college
- Family issues
Therapy groups start when there are enough available participants. We determine the dates/times based on the availability of students who sign up. I adjust the offerings based on student needs, so please feel free to make a request.
These are the current groups offered:
- Walk around the arboretum instead of talk-therapy in the office.
- Improve mood and motivation.
Koru: Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation Group
- Calm and focus your mind.
- Learn a new skill to enrich your life.
Test Anxiety Group
- Identify the sources of your test anxiety.
- Learn to manage your test anxiety successfully.
Support Groups available for:
- Students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, or an LGBTQ ally (LGBTQ+)
- Students who are ages 21+, commuters, parents, and military/veterans.
- Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Referrals and Consultations
I can help you connect with other wellness/medical resources locally or back home. I am also available to talk with you if you are concerned about someone else’s mental health.