The Community Leadership program is designed to equip students with knowledge and skills needed to exert a positive influence in a future leadership role. The curriculum of the Community Leadership program focuses on a variety of courses designed to give students a broad understanding of community issues. Students select one of two specializations within the major:
- Community and Extension Education (see the link at the right for the course sequence / curriculum)
- Leadership (see the link at the right for the course sequence / curriculum)
The Associate of Science degree program at Ohio State ATI allows students to complete 50 percent of the curriculum needed to complete a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Community Leadership at The Ohio State University in Columbus.
Ohio State ATI students who choose to continue their education at the Columbus campus complete a Bachelor of Science in Community Leadership, with specialization in either Community and Extension Education or Leadership. Graduates are prepared for careers that include:
• Leadership development specialist
• Community development specialist
• Non-profit organization administrator
• Public relations specialist
• Youth leader
• Member services specialist
• Training and development officer
• Agricultural extension professional
• 4-H youth development specialist
Others have pursued graduate or professional school.