Planning your next professional development opportunity and need funding? Applications for the Staff Career Development Grants are being accepted through Aug. 19. Eligible staff can apply for funding for professional development opportunities occurring October 2022 to April 2023. Awards will be provided as a reimbursement of up to $1,250 for individuals, $1,750 for groups of 2-10 and $2,000 for groups of 11 or more.
The Ohio State University is committed to the professional and career development of staff. This grant provides staff with an opportunity to further their growth and development. Grants are awarded for professional development costs related to the applicant’s job and/or career goals.
Eligible staff can apply for a Staff Career Development Grant of up to $1,250 for individuals, $1,750 for groups of 2-10 and $2,000 for groups of 11 or more. All funds are granted on a reimbursement basis only. All applicants are encouraged to review the rubric, prior to completing the application.
The funding period is October 2022 through April 2023.
Effective July 1, 2021, the university will allow business-related travel in line with updated health and safety requirements and our continued focus on fiscal responsibility. Please review the university’s domestic and international travel restrictions for more information.
For information on the application process, go here.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to have the following items on hand when filling out your online application:
- Your name.# and/or employee ID.
- Dates of the professional development opportunity for which you are requesting funds.
- Your proposal – you may type your proposal in the box provided or attach/upload it as a file in the supporting document section.
- If you are applying for a group grant, have all group member’s name.#s and/or employee IDs – you may also attach this as a supporting document file.
- If you are using department funds and will be requesting your department be reimbursed, you will need your fiscal person’s name.# and/or employee ID.
- Itemized budget information with supporting documentation for each budget item
- Supporting document files ready to attach/upload. Be sure to include supporting documentation of all budget items. Your documentation can be combined into one file or added as separate files (no more than 8 files). Supporting documentation might include the following: invoices, class schedules, price quotes, airfare and lodging estimates, conference details and more.
- Your manager’s name.# and/or employee ID (your manager will be copied in your award notification, only if you are planning to use department funds).
The Staff Career Development Grant Program is administered by The Office of Human Resources in partnership with the University Staff Advisory Committee (USAC).