All nominations must be received by Friday, April 7, 2017
The Ohio State ATI Distinguished Advising Award has been established to recognize regular faculty who excel in academic advising. The award for 2016-17 will be presented at a faculty/staff awards program in April. The following criteria should be used as a guideline to identify an outstanding advisor.
- Makes time available to help advisees identify educational goals, course selections, and career aspirations.
- Shares their knowledge of University/ATI rules and regulations, campus services, and resources.
- Councils advisees about internship and career possibilities while allowing the student to arrive at his or her own decisions based upon open and frank considerations of such possibilities.
- Is an advocate and friend for their advisees when needed and as appropriate within the context of academic and personal integrity.
- Members of the Advising Award Committee and previous winners are not eligible for this year's award.