Following a special orientation and advising program, students admitted to the Academy at Ohio State ATI may be eligible to take general education courses and/or core courses in the curriculum of any Ohio State ATI major or certificate program. Limited online and distance education options are also available.
Students who are admitted to the Academy Program will be required to attend an orientation program before the start of their first semester of enrollment. As part of the orientation process, students will meet with the Academy advisor and schedule classes. (A parent or legal guardian must also attend the orientation program.) The advisor will have the final say in the number and type of classes the student may take in a given semester. OSU placement testing may also be required during the pre-enrollment process. Official transcripts of any previous College Credit Plus coursework must be submitted for credit evaluation prior to Academy orientation. See "Application Process" for where to send transcripts.
Notes for admitted CCP students:
1). Admitted CCP students must accept their admission and complete the online Academy Questionnaire found in their online to-to list.
2) All Ohio State students must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption in order to schedule in-person classes. For details, see https://safeandhealthy.osu.edu/admitted-students.
Course Registration and Availability
Admission to the Academy Program does not guarantee availability of courses or a seat in particular class. Students may not be able to enroll in courses for a variety of reasons, including:
- Per Ohio Dept. of Higher Education rules, CCP students can only enroll in "Level One" courses during their first 15 hours in the CCP program. Ohio State ATI offers nearly 50 courses available in this category. Note that not all "Level One" courses are offered every semester, and you must still meet any course prerequisites.
- Ohio State degree-seeking students will be offered first choice of courses before Academy students are able to register for classes.
- The class may be restricted to students in a particular major, or to students who have completed required pre-requisite courses or achieved required placement test scores.
- A course may be full; course enrollment will be limited by the number of seats available in the course.
- A course may not be offered every semester.
- A course may not fit into a student's schedule.
- A new general education curriculum began Autumn 2022. Students intending to pursue an Ohio State major will need to work their academic advisor regarding the new curriculum.
Note: one 3-semester-hour university course = 1 Carnegie Unit = 1 year-long course in high school
DISCLAIMER: The subject matter of a course enrolled under the College Credit Plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature. The course will not be modified based upon CCP enrollee participation regardless of whether the course instruction occurs in person or online.
Online and Distance Education Course Options
Limited online/distance learning course options are also available. These courses come in a variety of forms:
- Completely online
- Blended/hybrid (online coursework yet with face-to-face interaction at times)
- Synchronous online (online at the same time the instructor is lecturing to in-person students)
Before students can participate in online courses, they should complete the Ohio State Online Readiness Survey, meet with their faculty advisor, and have the appropriate technology, proctor, and skills required for the course.