Students who wish to participate in the Academy program at Ohio State ATI should first meet with the high school counselor or principal to discuss the opportunities and risks offered by the College Credit Plus Program.
To be considered for admission to the Academy Program at Ohio State ATI, students must submit the following materials by the deadline (see "Application Deadlines"):
- Completed online application (go.osu.edu/academyapp)
- Completed School Information Form, signed by the school counselor or principal, and emailed to:
- Official transcript of course work emailed to:
- Test scores, if necessary, from the ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER test
(Note: We cannot accept ACCUPLACER test results from any institution except The Ohio State University. Contact the Ohio State ATI testing center at (330) 287-1247 if you have taken no standardized tests before, or the Ohio State Mansfield campus at (419) 755-4133 if you have previously taken the ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER. You must have applied to the Academy program before you can pursue testing through Ohio State.)
- Mature Content Permission Slip completed by the student and parent and submitted online. NOTE: a link to this online form is emailed to the student after the application for admission is received. Read that email thoroughly and save it! You can also access the online permission slip here.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT BY EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS BELOW!
Email official transcripts and School Information Forms to:
Note: There is no application fee to participate in the College Credit Plus program.
Non-public students and homeschool students should note specific instructions and timelines from the Ohio Department of Education.
The Academy application and details regarding Columbus campus Academy admission can be found on Ohio State's ACADEMY WEBSITE.
Admission to The Ohio State University after High School
The Ohio State Academy Program is designed for talented high school students wishing to take college courses while still in high school.
- Admission to the Academy Program does not imply or guarantee admission to the Columbus campus of The Ohio State University as a degree-seeking student.
An Academy participant who later desires admission to Ohio State's Columbus campus as a degree-seeking student must complete a separate application and participate in a competitive admission process.
A student applying for freshman admission to the Columbus campus, after the completion of College Credit Plus coursework at any Ohio State campus, who is not admitted to Columbus must still complete 30 credit hours post-high school graduation at Ohio State ATI or an Ohio State regional campus, before he or she can transition to the Columbus campus. Credit hours earned through College Credit Plus are not included in the required 30 hours.
The grade-point average earned at any campus of Ohio State through the College Credit Plus program will follow the student if he or she later enrolls at Ohio State as a degree-seeking student.
The grade-point average earned at any college or university through College Credit Plus will be included in the admission decision if a student later transfers to Ohio State after attending another institution.