There are two options for enrolling in the Academy Program. Both options are available autumn and spring semesters at the Wooster campus (ATI).
Option A – Students enroll in courses to receive college credit, and the students’ family is responsible for all costs.
Option B – Students enroll in courses to receive both college credit and high school credit, and the local school district is responsible for the cost of tuition and books.
- When applying for Option B, be aware of the following:
- Students who attend a public high school must submit an "intent to participate" form with their high school no later than April 1 of the year prior to participating in College Credit Plus. See your high school counselor or principal for more information. (Note: The Ohio Dept. of Higher Education has extended the April 1 deadline to May 1, 2021, for the 2021-2022 academic year.)
- Students who attend a non-public high school or are home-schooled must apply to the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) for funding once they have been admitted to a College Credit Plus program. This funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, see your school counselor or principal, or visit education.ohio.gov. Students who are not funded by ODE may still enroll under Option A.
Additional requirements for participation:
- Students must reside in the home of their parent or guardian, which must be within commuting distance of the Ohio State campus of enrollment. (On-campus housing is not available for College Credit Plus students.)
- International students who are currently enrolled in Ohio middle and high schools may be eligible to participate in the Ohio State Academy, based on state of Ohio residency requirements.