Financial Aid Priority Deadlines
Students who meet the priority deadlines will be given first consideration for university administered aid. Applications received after the priority deadlines will be awarded university administered aid on a funds available basis.
Entering/First-Year Students: Feb. 15
Continuing/Returning Students: Feb. 15
The student and parent should begin the financial aid application process by each obtaining his or her own FSA ID. The FSA ID allows the parent and student to electronically sign the FAFSA.
To obtain a FSA ID go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid#pin-replacement
Check List for Applying for Financial Aid
- Apply for admission to Ohio State ATI. Financial Aid cannot be offered until you have been admitted. For priority consideration, you must be admitted by Feb. 15, which means you should apply for admission at least 5 to 6 weeks prior to Feb. 15. Apply for admission online now.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use the Ohio State University school code of 003090. You can file the FAFSA using estimated income. You do not have to wait until your taxes are complete. File by the deadline (February 15th); you can make corrections later. Note: For priority consideration the FAFSA must be received by the federal processor on or before the priority deadline of February 15th.
- Complete the Ohio State ATI Scholarship Application online. Note: The application must be completed online. The application cannot be accessed before November 1, but should be submitted no later than February 15th.
- Complete the University Special Eligibility Scholarship Application on or before the priority deadline of February 15th. Note: Entering student must be admitted before they can access this online application.
- Students must re-apply for financial aid and scholarships each and every academic year.