The Community Leadership program is designed to equip students with knowledge and skills needed to exert a positive influence in a future leadership role.
The Associate of Science degree program at Ohio State ATI allows students to complete 50 percent of the curriculum needed to complete a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Agricultural Communication at The Ohio State University in Columbus.
The curriculum of the Community Leadership program will focus on a variety of courses designed to give students a broad understanding of community issues. There are two specializations in the major: 1) Leadership, and 2) Community and Extension Education.
Ohio State ATI students who choose to continue their education at the Columbus campus complete a Bachelor of Science in Community Leadership, with specialization in either Community and Extension Education or Leadership. Graduates are prepared for careers that include:
• Leadership development specialist
• Community development specialist
• Non-profit organization administrator
• Public relations specialist
• Youth leader
• Member services specialist
• Training and development officer
• Agricultural extension professional
• 4-H youth development specialist
Others have pursued graduate or professional school.